Address: Département de Mathématiques
Université Paris 13
99 av. J.-B. Clément
I am a postdoc at Université Paris 13 working with Jacques Tilouine with the support of an NSF Mathematical Sciences Postdoctoral Research Fellowship. I graduated with a Ph.D. in mathematics from UCLA in June 2016 under the advisement of Haruzo Hida. I am interested in algebraic number theory, especially Galois representations, modular forms, elliptic curves, and motives. You can find a copy of my CV here.
Publications and Preprints
- Images of GL(2)-type Galois representations, extended abstract to appear in Oberwolfach Reports; Algebraische Zahlentheorie Workshop (pdf; slides)
With A. Conti; A. Medvedovsky (These materials are from talks I have given based on this project. The preprint will appear soon!)
- Chow motives associated to certain algebraic Hecke characters, Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, Series B. Vol. 5, (2018) 102--124. (pdf)
With L. Flapan
- On the image of the Galois representation associated to a non-CM Hida family, Algebra and Number Theory, Vol. 10, No. 1 (2016) 155-194. (published version, slides)
- Shadow lines in the arithmetic of elliptic curves, Directions in number theory; Assoc. Women in Math. Ser., 3, Springer, (2016), 33-55.
With J. Balakrishnan, M. Çiperiani, B. Mirza, and R. Newton (most recent version, pdf)
- Function fields with class number indivisible by a prime l, Acta Arithmetica, Vol. 150 (2011), 339-359.
With M. Daub, M. Merling, A. Pacelli, N. Pitiwan, and M. Rosen (pdf)
Funding I've received
Math programs I have participated in:
*Program specifically for women
Here are majors papers I've written for various degrees. I provide them mainly as samples for current students in similar programs.
- Images of Galois representations associated to p-adic families of modular forms, PhD dissertation at UCLA (June 2016); under the supervision of Haruzo Hida
- Two-Descent on the Jacobians of Hyperelliptic Curves, Part III essay at the University of Cambridge (April 2010); under the supervision of T. Fischer
- Properties of Class Groups of a Family of Cyclic Cubic Fields, thesis for MA at Bryn Mawr College (May 2009); under the supervision of H. G. Grundman
Resources for undergraduate and high school students
- Here is a list of lots of cool opportunities for undergraduates to study math. Disclaimer: I wrote this shortly after I was an undergrad and so some of the programs may no longer exist.
- When I was a PROMYS counselor, I gave a lecture for high school students about p-adics. Here are the notes for that.
- I gave a talk about absolute values and p-adic numbers to the high school group of the Los Angeles Math Circle. Here are the worksheets associated with that. This is related to the above set of notes.
Website last updated: 10 September 2018